Continue reading to see how a finished basement helps the stability of a house
Basements are usually the most overlooked and under-cared part of a house. If properly maintained and finished, a basement can benefit you in a lot of ways. From upgrading living space and making your home energy efficient to increasing home value, read on to find out how a finished basement contributes to a stable home.
Space For Storage And Organization
- A properly finished basement can serve as a safe storage space. You can store furniture in your basement without worrying about it being damaged by moisture. It can store boxes containing personal belongings, camping equipment, BBQ grills, skis, and a lot of other stuff that would otherwise take up a lot of space elsewhere.
Most homeowners utilize their garage and attic for storage purposes, but using a basement is considered much more convenient as it is easily accessible.
Source Of Additional Income
- A finished basement can be converted into a living space by adding a bathroom and a kitchenette. This living space can be rented out to tenants and short-term renters. This will help homeowners generate rent income on their property. Homeowners can expect to see students looking for a place to rent that falls within their budget.
A basement, especially with its separate entrance is very attractive in terms of price and privacy. Work with reliable contractors to communicate your vision for this space. Use their professional input and recommendations to earn some additional income.
Increases Market Value Of Your Property
- A finished basement means that it has been treated for seepage, foundation repair, and humidity issues. This translates as a house that has been properly maintained and renovated. Therefore, houses with finished basements cost more than houses without finished basements.
Even though finishing a basement is going to cost money, it has been estimated that a finished basement can provide an average of 70% return on investment.
- Houses with a basement finished as a living space are going to attract a lot of buyers and sell for at least a 30% higher price. This aspect of a finished basement is especially advantageous for homeowners who plan to resale their houses in the future.
Makes Your Home Energy-Efficient
- Before starting any finishing project, the basement is fixed and repaired for water seepage and excess moisture. In addition to this, most homeowners install ceilings and thermally insulated wall panels to better insulate their basements. All of these measures are going to help the HVAC run more efficiently.
Moreover, a basement that has undergone major repairs and renovation is better able to prevent thermal losses. This is going to help the HVAC system by allowing it to operate less aggressively and in turn, use less power. Finishing your basement can help limit your carbon footprint and reduce energy bills by making your home more energy-efficient.
Adds An Extra Room
- A finished basement can be used to serve a variety of purposes. It can serve as a leisure room, a game room, a movie room, a laundry room, a living space, or even as a guest room. It all depends on how well the basement has been finished.
If you want to add an extra room to your home you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on construction. Your finished basement can be the solution. It can serve the purpose of an extra room, and it can add a lot of value to your house.
If your house has a basement that you are considering getting finished then call Crack-X at 877-727-2259. We are a civil structures repair company operating in Maine and New Hampshire. We make sure your basement is waterproofed and in optimum condition before you start your finishing project. Our specialists will inspect your property and give you the best solution and advice regarding basement finishing.