Here are some significant benefits of water proofing your basement
Basement waterproofing should be prioritized when home improvement is under consideration. A waterproofed basement can save homeowners from many inconveniences, including costly repairs and other issues. Read below about the five practical benefits of waterproofing your basement.
Increase The Living Space
- A waterproofed basement gives you additional living space. This is helpful when you want to convert your basement into something more like a bedroom, gym, or home office. A waterproofed basement becomes one of the best areas in a home for relaxation. In addition, it eliminates the risk of mold and mildew, thus keeping your stuff safe.
Moreover, if your family is expanding, you can always turn your basement into an extra room by waterproofing it. A waterproofed basement gives you a safe space to stay in during emergencies. It can be used as a guest room if you have guests visiting you. By making every space livable, homeowners can save a lot of money.
Eliminates Health Concerns
- Health and safety are significant reasons to get your basement waterproofed. A basement that is not waterproofed is exposed to both mold and mildew. Mold infestations are a cause of concern for your well-being. A moist area gives an optimal medium for the mold to thrive.
Keeping such a basement dry can become expensive. A musty smell is one of the significant indicators of mold growth. Mold spores can cause asthma, allergies, itchy eyes, and other respiratory problems. Therefore, the best solution is to have your basement waterproofed and save money on medical treatments.
Prevents Foundation Damage
- Another benefit of a waterproofed basement is that it keeps the foundation safe from cracks and damage. Once the water enters a basement, it wreaks havoc on the entire structure, resulting in severe damage to your property and risk of injury to your family. An inadequately waterproofed basement allows water to seep inside your home. Thus, resulting in moist walls and floors and the risk of mold growth.
When you hire professionals to waterproof your basement, they perform several inspections to identify the root cause of the leaks. This is followed by necessary measures to fix the underlying issues. The repair can cost thousands of dollars when your foundation is affected by water. Hence it is better to get your basement waterproof before the damage worsens.
Saves The Trouble
- If your basement gets flooded every time it rains, it is a constant cause of stress. This can get worse if you do not have a flood insurance policy. Without the proper financial assistance, homeowners are unprepared to deal with the havoc of a flood or heavy rainfall.
As the rain gets heavy, leaks appear from the basement’s cracks and crevices. This is enough to constantly keep you on edge. On the other hand, a waterproofed basement gives you peace of mind that your basement and belongings are safe.
Boosts The Market Value Of A Home
- Having a finished basement raises the value of a home, and a waterproofed basement can increase the resale value even further. Basement waterproofing should be considered an investment opportunity, the benefit of which are reaped when you sell your home. Most buyers prefer to buy a home that has a waterproofed basement. As this helps them spend their days worry-free in their new home.
If you have a basement that needs waterproofing, call us at 877-727-2259. Crack-X, are a civil structures repair and basement waterproofing company operating in Maine and New Hampshire. Our specialists will inspect your property to determine the condition of your basement. We will help you with basement waterproofing so that you can start your basement finishing project with peace of mind.