What are the benefits of epoxy garage floors? Here are a few things you must know
Epoxy flooring has been the prime choice for many homeowners, for their garages and basements. This is because epoxy floors last a very long time, are highly durable, and clean easily. There is no stain that can stay permanently on an epoxy floor, which makes it a personal favorite for people who love to have clean floors in their houses.
Epoxy is a mixture of polymer resin and a hardening chemical that is poured on a concrete floor. An epoxy floor consists of a base layer, followed by a color and texture layer, and finally a shiny glossy finish. The shiny glossy finish helps to increase the brightness of the epoxy floor and to help make the room feel more spacious. Epoxy floors have several benefits, some of which are listed below.
- One of the main benefits of an epoxy floor is its low maintenance characteristics. A typical garage floor will experience tire marks, dirt from shoes, and oil leaks. If there is traditional flooring, it will be almost impossible to clean it on a regular basis. After just a few months, the stains will become tough and difficult to remove, which deteriorate the overall appearance of the garage.
By installing epoxy flooring in the garage, cleaning such stains becomes a really easy task. In fact, any kind of stain can be cleaned by just wiping and mopping. If you decide to use stain-removal chemicals, you can rest assured that you won’t damage your flooring. One amazing benefit of an epoxy floor is that it prevents mold and bacteria from thriving, thus you are safe from allergens as well.
- An epoxy floor has several layers, which make it highly durable. Epoxy floors can withstand wear & tear caused by high foot traffic. It can even survive heavy objects being dragged on it, without causing visible damage to the flooring.
Epoxy flooring also does not crack easily either. If you are working on your car in the garage and you accidentally drop a tool, it won’t damage your floor as opposed to a traditional concrete floor.
- If we look at other flooring options such as vinyl or hardwood, epoxy is a cheaper alternative. Despite being cheaper, it does not compromise on any of its amazing benefits and characteristics.
Even after you have an epoxy floor installed, it will continue to save you money throughout its lifetime. This is because you won’t have to spend a lot of money on cleaning, repairs, and maintenance.
- Despite having a shiny glossy surface, epoxy floors are completely slip-resistant. Although epoxy floors do not absorb moisture, a slip-resistant additive can be added which prevents anyone from slipping on even a wet epoxy floor.
In basements, having an epoxy floor can do wonders as it helps to keep the basement waterproofed. It doesn’t let water pass, thus protecting your basement from damage
- Epoxy floors are esthetically appealing. They can instantly make dull rooms feel bright, spacious, and visually attractive. By installing an epoxy floor in your garage, you can make it stand out and look sophisticated.
If you talk to a flooring specialist company, they can show you a catalog of designs and textures, thus helping you make the best choice for your garage floor.
If you are a homeowner and are looking for a durable and economical flooring option, then we at Crack-X highly recommend installing the epoxy floor. We are a civil structures repair company operating in Maine and New Hampshire. Call us today at 877-727-2259, and one of our specialists will inspect your property to give you the best advice according to your budget and requirements. Let us help you make the best decision of your life.