Here is a list of maintenance tips for preserving epoxy flooring
The appearance of the floor can make your home stand out from the crowd. The floor’s appearance whether it’s in the form of logos or coatings plays a role in determining the environment. Therefore having flooring that’s easy to clean and maintain can spice up your home’s look. For this reason, many people choose epoxy flooring. It can transform an old-fashioned area into a fresh and unique space. Epoxy flooring is an affordable way to enhance the beauty of your home. However, routine maintenance must be followed to sustain the epoxy flooring for as long as possible. Some of the top maintenance tips are discussed below.
Keep Surfaces Free Of Dirt And Grit
- Cleaning the epoxy floor is simple and painless. Cleaning and maintenance of epoxy floors are relatively easy that is the reason the epoxy floor is preferred over other flooring systems. However, the epoxy floor is prone to dirt and stains. Therefore regular upkeep is required to make it sustainable for a longer duration. Sweep and vacuum the floor at least twice a week to make it look good for a long time.
Use a soft broom to sweep the epoxy floor to prevent scratching. Scratched or damaged floor attracts dirt and dust which makes it difficult to clean. Proper care and cleanliness are needed to keep the shine on the epoxy floor.
Avoid Soap-Based Cleaning
- Epoxy floors that are subjected to staining and dirt require thorough cleaning after every three to four months. Choose the floor cleaner carefully because improper cleaners can fade the gloss of the floor. Some of the cleaners leave a soapy film on the epoxy which can be difficult to get rid of. Acid-based or citrus cleaners should be avoided as they will damage the epoxy flooring. For difficult stains using a mixture of ammonia and hot water is helpful.
Use a cleaner to spray the floor in sections and scrub with a damp mop. Cleaning in sections will help prevent drying and streaking of the cleaner. After you are done scrubbing, rinse the floor and allow it to air dry.
Use A Floor Mat
- Using a floor mat is a wise idea to avoid dirt, grime, and grit from getting into the house and sticking on the floor. Wipe the bottom of the shoes on the mat before stepping foot in the house. Wash the mat regularly so that the old dirt is not tracked in with the shoes.
Another tip for maintenance of epoxy flooring is to place rubber mats under the heavy items that could potentially scratch the epoxy floor. Avoid bringing the dirt in especially in the rainy season.
Prevent Oil Spills
- If you have epoxy flooring in the garage oil spillage can be a potential risk factor. Clean the spilled oil quickly and don’t let it stay for long otherwise it will cause permanent stains on the floor.
Clean these stains using a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft scrubbing brush to avoid further damage.
Scrub The Stains Gently
- Some stains are tricky and difficult to remove with regular cleaning. They require scrubbing with a mop or a brush with soft bristles. Use warm water to ensure the stubborn stains are removed properly. Always clean the scrubbing brush and other equipment using hot water and a cleaner. This will ensure adequate cleaning leaving your floor fresh and shiny.
Drying the floor with a towel after cleaning prevents dust from collecting on the floor. All the drying equipment should also be washed properly to avoid unpleasant smells.
If you are interested in installing an epoxy floor in your house, then contact us at 877-727-2259. Crack-X is a civil structures repair company operating in Maine and New Hampshire.