Learn the key factors for the perfect commercial epoxy flooring installation
Selecting the appropriate flooring for your commercial space is a critical decision. To ensure long-lasting results, choosing a coating that aligns with the area’s intended purpose is essential. When opting for commercial epoxy flooring, conducting thorough research is crucial to avoid the unnecessary expense of premature floor replacement. Here are some key factors to consider when selecting commercial epoxy flooring.
- Commercial epoxy flooring is durable, offering exceptional resistance to the stresses of heavy-moving machinery. The selection of the appropriate finish hinges on the nature of the machinery on the floor. For instance, areas subjected to the weight of heavy forklifts or vehicle traffic will necessitate distinct products and finishes compared to those with lighter traffic.
Stains and Spills
- Epoxy resin’s stain-resistant nature makes it an excellent choice for facilities with a high likelihood of chemicals, oils, and food spills. Moreover, its impermeability to water makes it ideal for use in environments frequently exposed to moisture, such as kitchens, commercial bathrooms, swimming pools, and outdoor areas.
- In spaces characterized by extreme temperature fluctuations, epoxy flooring is the optimal solution. However, it’s imperative to specify and install epoxy flooring with the guidance of professionals to ensure compliance with commercial building codes related to temperature resistance.
- In commercial settings, providing slip-resistant surfaces is crucial for safe movement, especially in areas designated for emergency access. Slip and skid resistance are also crucial for pedestrian ramps, stair treads, and landings. Epoxy flooring can effectively enhance slip resistance to align with safety standards.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Routine maintenance of commercial epoxy flooring involves regular sweeping and mopping using mild detergent and warm water. For spaces requiring a highly slip-resistant surface, epoxy flooring can be cleaned with slightly stronger cleaning solutions, making it a durable and appealing long-term choice.
- Extended exposure to direct sunlight can lead to the yellowing of epoxy flooring, a phenomenon called ambering. Installing a color flake system with a high-performance clear coat offers UV resistance and addresses this concern. In addition, the base color of your epoxy floor also significantly influences the coating’s ability to be protected effectively.
- Two common types of epoxy floor finishes are Metallic and Standard (Matte). The Metallic epoxy floor finish is a unique lava-like pattern that adds visual appeal and diverts attention from any mess on the floor. This finish is also more reflective than the Standard epoxy floor, adding extra brightness to the space.
The standard epoxy floor has a matte finish that may not be as effective in concealing spills. However, this depends on the chosen color. Both finishes enhance the look of almost any area, so your choice of finish boils down to your preference because there are no significant functional differences between them.
Select the Right Color
- The color of your epoxy floor can significantly impact the overall appearance of your space. Choosing the wrong color may result in an undesirable effect. On the other hand, the right color can elevate the area to create a modern, sleek feel. Epoxy floors come in various colors, and many installers blend colors to create your desired look.
When selecting a color for your floor, determine whether you prefer a vibrant, bold shade or a more neutral hue. In addition, various colored chips can be added to many epoxy floors to alter their appearance and enhance the style of a more neutral color. The epoxy flooring installer can help you select the ideal epoxy finish and color for your space, ensuring it complements the room décor.
Epoxy coatings provide exceptional protection and durability to residential and commercial floors. If you want a durable and economical floor coating option, contact our experts at (877) 727-2259. Crack-X is a civil structures repair company located in Maine and New Hampshire. Let us help you make the best choice for your floor.