Continue reading to learn when your home needs foundation repair during different seasons of the year
During the inspection of your home’s foundation, you might notice signs of foundation issues such as cracks in the wall. that need repairs. Although these issues can seem very time-sensitive, it is important to schedule your foundation repair at the right time of the year. Here is what you need to know:
Repairs In Fall
- Fall is a good time for scheduling external repairs such as fixing exterior foundation cracks, installing helical piers, etc. The best thing about getting your foundation repaired in the fall is that repairs can be conveniently performed without fighting against frozen soil.
When the winter cold sets in, it can make it harder to do work outside on any exterior issues. Therefore, fall is the best time to get optimal work done on your foundation-related issues.
Repairs In Summer
- It is a nightmare to deal with exterior foundation damage during the freezing winter. But fixing cracks in your basement wall, fixing a sump pump to waterproof your basement, and other interior repairs like that are best left for colder months.
This is because, during winter, it is much easier to get your appointment scheduled. After all, many contractors experience lower customer volumes as soon as the cold sets in.
- However, you may need to turn off the HVAC system if the repairs have to be done around them. This can be highly inconvenient since it will result in the loss of much-needed heat in the winter. Moreover, it might result in frozen pipes leading to further repairs.
Repairs In Spring
Spring rain causes the soil to expand, which is the main culprit behind foundation damage. If you have cracks in your foundation, they can let the water inside, so keeping a close eye on them is crucial. Because even a hairline crack can allow the water and pests to enter inside your foundation. For this reason, foundation repairs are most needed during spring.
Spotting The Damage
- Once the spring hits, contractors get the most appointments for foundation repairs. Most of the winters are spent cooped up inside, so when more time is spent outside during spring, foundation problems around the exterior are more likely to catch the eye. As the winter snow thaws and spring rains start, foundation problems become more apparent.
Foundation repair contractors also consider spring a good time to repair foundation issues. When the soil is saturated with water, the signs of foundation damage become pretty obvious and are therefore easier to spot.
Repairs In Summer
- In summer, the soil becomes warm due to its constant sunlight. This makes it easier to do excavation or other external works. Therefore, summer is considered one of the best times for repairing your foundation problems.
Like spring, people spend more time outside in summer. This allows more issues to be noticed in summer.
Now Is The Right Time
It may be difficult to decide the right time to schedule your foundation repairs. But the best time for repairs depends on the extent of damage your foundation has experienced and the severity of the problems. Sometimes, putting the repairs off for another season may not be advantageous as this could cause the damage to worsen.
Every season has its pros and cons it is important to make the right decision depending on your situation. The longer you wait, the more damage can occur, leading to higher expenses. Foundation problems should not be taken lightly. Otherwise, they may become dangerous and cause your house to collapse.
Get Help From Experts
If you are unsure when to schedule foundation repairs, it is best to get help from an experienced foundation repair contractor. Contact Crack X for all sorts of foundation repairs. Our experts will assess the damage and provide necessary foundation repair services. Crack-X is a structural repair company located in Maine and New Hampshire. Call us at 877-727-2259